Suzuki Motorcycle India Launched 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa BS6 Superbike
Japanese Automaker Suzuki has finally launched the third-generation version of its flagship sports bike Hayabusa in India. The faired superbike recently made its international debut and has been launched at a starting price of Rs 16.4 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) in the country. We earlier reported that the 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa will be launched on 26 April 2021.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Engine
The new-generation Hayabusa draws power from a BS6-compliant 1,340cc, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The mill generates a maximum power of 190hp and a peak torque of 150Nm. Though the engine is already renowned for its improved durability and longevity, the following refinements aim to take it to another level. New pistons and connecting rods reduce the weight of moving parts within the engine. Changes to the crankshaft oil passages improve engine lubrication. The transmission shaft needle bearings are extended in length. Attention to detail goes as far as changing the way the engine case bolts are tightened, and even to the threading for the screw holes in the upper crankcase. Suzuki’s ride-by-wire throttle control system provides a natural response with linear control, while a related change to a 43mm bore size for the throttle bodies boosts low- and mid-range power output.
Mr. Koichiro Hirao, Managing Director, SMIPL said, “Suzuki Hayabusa has been the most preferred choice amongst Sport bike enthusiasts around the world for over two decades now in the class it created. The new-generation Hayabusa was developed not only to achieve an even higher overall balance of ultimate performance and comply with the BS6 emissions standards, but also to capture the hearts of both devoted followers and all who lay eyes on the stunning beauty and sharper, tauter form of its bold new design.”
Suzuki Hayabusa Design and Accessories
The third-gen Hayabusa comes with a series of updates both in terms of looks as well as its functionality. The front fascia of the bike gets an aggressive look. Design bits include an LED headlight, new body panels, flyscreen, LED indicators, fairing-mounted wing mirrors, and a newly designed LED tail light.
1. Touring Screen – Clear type windscreen with better wind protection due to 38 mm higher screen than the original one. The shape of the windscreen is carefully designed to consider the whole shape of the bike, and this leads to keep the original image of the bike. Hayabusa logo is put on the sporty graphic of the windscreen which makes you feel ownership of this bike. (including screen cover)
2. Carbon Look Mirror Cover – The mirror cover with a carbon pattern design makes the bike a luxury look.
3. Color Seat – Grippy seat surface. Red double stitch and Hayabusa logo on the surface of seat leads to show you better quality and makes the owner satisfied.
4. Single Seat Cowling-Black/ Gold (B5L) – It expresses the integrated feeling with the rider by appealing the silhouette of streamlined shape from front to rear, which is one of the identity of Hayabusa. Available in the following colour : Black / Gold , Matt Silver / Red , White / Matt blue.
5. Hayabusa Fuel Tank Pad (Red/ Gold) – Red/ Gold colored protection sticker against scratches with Hayabusa in Japanese “kanji”
6. Fuel Tank Protection Sticker – Transparent protection sticker against scratches.
7. Hayabusa Rim Decal (Red/ Gold) – Red/ Gold colored rim decal with Hayabusa logo. *For one wheel.
8. Wheel Decal Red & Clear (With Suzuki Logo) – Red colored with SUZUKI logo, easy to customize your bike’s appearance. *For one wheel.
9. Luggage Hook – It is convenient equipment to hook the strings for touring riding.
10. Front Axle Slider – Front axle slider with S logo. Reduction of impact damage around front axle, unique design, easy to install.
2021 Suzuki Hayabusa Pricing
The new Hayabusa will be sold in three colors – Glass Sparkle Black/ Candy Burnt Gold, Metallic Mat Sword Silver/ Candy Daring Red, and Pearl Brilliant White/ Metallic Mat Stellar Blue. In India, the 2021 Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle carries a price tag of Rs. 16.4 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). At this price-point, it goes against rivals such as BMW S 1000 RR and the Ducati Panigale V2.